MODULE TWO – ATTRACTING A CROWD
Book on today – the ONLINE BUSKING COURSE. Explore the theory and practical application of busking and street performing.
Each module covers many different subjects and is a complete lesson in themselves.
Request what you would like to see us cover in the following modules.
Watch your street show grow. Take part in the Journey – book Module 1 and 2 now
By the end of this module you will:
- Understand the different types of locations/pitches
- What to do look for in a pitch
- Know what we mean by hot spot of a pitch
- Understand the different approaches of attracting a crowd
- The subtlety of curiosity and
- The clap and cheer approach
- Have a better understanding of how to attract a crowd
- Understand how to control your audience – The 3 Ps – Pull them, push them back, pull back
- Listen to a Las Vegas street performer give his tips on attracting a crowd.
Module 2 Attracting a crowd
As a street performer, or any type of performer for that matter, if you don’t have an audience, then you don’t have a show! This module aims to give you a better understanding of how to attract a crowd initially to your show. There are no hard and fast rules to this and every performer has their own technique. The advice I give you is what has worked for me in stopping a crowd over the past 20 years as a street performer – we talk about turning that crowd into an audience in another module.
- Stopping that first person to watch your show
- Grabbing the attention of those passing by
- What other actions need to happen for people to stop
- Incorporating positive movement so when people stop and look they see something pleasing or interesting
- Learn about different approaches to making people stop
Often as performers, if you are used to performing indoors, the setting up of your props is not part of your show. You will learn in this module, how each and every movement, and each prop can become part of your build and getting people to stop.
You will discover what approach suits you best – curiosity or loud? Maybe both may work best for you. Mario talks about the hot spot on your pitch and the importance of moving around until you find that spot that makes you stand out and the flow of the show goes better there.
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
I have been busking for a long time. I work fairs and festivals and I’m always on the lookout for ideas and tips to help better my show and increase my hats. I put together a small sidewalk show recently, because I’m tired of dragging my big circle show all around. I was doing okay, but I knew it could be better. I decided to invest in Mario Morris’ Busking Module 1. I wasn’t sure what I would get out of it, but let me say this…I DID! And, I am absolutely blown away. Mario is, in my opinion, the most informative busker in the world and he has a deep desire to help people succeed. I took one idea from Module 1 and immediately went out on the streets to test this stuff out and the results were Magic…literally! I emailed Mario and told him about my success using his ideas, but I was reluctant to write a review until I was able to test it even further, to make sure it wasn’t just a coincidence. Sure enough, for the last 15 days, I’ve been absolutely killing it on the streets by applying Mario’s ideas. Here is what I suggest, Get Module 1, right now!!! It doesn’t matter if you’ve been busking forever, get it! There is no fluff. Module 1 is “packed” full of the most useful content available and the price is a bargain. Watch the videos. Do what he tells you to do, then…Go out and actually put it to use. This is the key. Mario gives you everything you need. YOU have to take the next step and get out there and do it!Mike Van de Carr
Plans and Pricing
For module 1 and for a limited time only – The School of Busking are offering module 1 for £20 only.
Module 2Usual price £35.00
- The art of attracting a crowd
- All about pitches – where to perform your show
- The hot spot of your pitch
- Attracting a crowd – curiosity vs clap and cheer method
- building your crowd
- The 3 Ps – Pull them in, push them out, pull back
- Bonus interview with Will Bradshaw – Las Vegas Street performer
- Downloadable PDFs
- Recommended viewing
- Practical exercise to help you with attracting a crowd